Down the Gold Digger Trail
A sightseeing tour of the town of Berezovskiy including visits to the Museum of Gold and a rescue worker training mine.
Duration: 6 hours
During the tour you will visit:
- The memorial of the first gold mine, situated a spoil heap of the old mine. This is where Erofey Markov discovered a piece of quartz with gold inclusions, and where the first gold mine in Russia was later founded;
- A monument to Erofey Markov, the pathfinder of the Russian gold mining;
- Church of the Dormition of the Mother of God (Tserkov’ vo imya Uspeniya Presvyatoy Bogoroditsy) – built in year 1873 on the site of an earlier wooden church. The bell that tolls in this church is the only remaining part of the wooden church, constructed in 1804;
- The Museum of Gold – has been a major tourist attraction in Berezovskiy for over 40 years. The exposition demonstrates gold prospector gear and instruments: streaming boxes, gold scales, rakes, trays, etc. The museum also prides itself on a profound collection of minerals found in the Berezovskyi gold veins and an archive of local gold field maps dating back to the mid-XIX century;
-The rescue worker training mine – don’t miss the opportunity to learn more of the history of gold mining and mine rescue worker equipment. You will not only learn what various shafts, cross cut access and drifts & drives are, but also get a chance to descent into mine and try to wash some gold for yourself!
The price of the tour includes:
- Entrance fees to all scheduled objects
- A professional tour guide
- Transportation in a comfortable bus
- Women should have a skirt longer than knee-length and a headdress to visit the Church
- Bring your own food & drink onto the bus
- The temperature in the mine is approximately 5 degrees Celsius – we strongly advise to bring warm clothes, especially during the summertime
- Don’t forget your camera!